Sunday, February 23, 2014

Weekend Indulgence

This was definitely a weekend of indulgence for me. Friday afternoon, I checked out a local clothing boutique and grabbed lunch from a restaurant that serves local food, Beehive Cafe. I LOVE their butternut squash sandwich - roasted butternut squash, spinach, tomato, cheddar, and an herbed yogurt on harvest grain bread - it is phenomenal! It also comes with spiced chickpeas, of which I only ate half.



That night, Tim and I went to PPAC to see Alton Brown and ate at one of my favorite Mexican places in RI, Viva Mexico. They have a version of  Papa's Tacos similar to San Marco's in Toledo, so I had to splurge and try them - three crispy taco shells with potatoes, lettuce, cheese, and sour cream. I was going to get the veggie burrito that I had when I was there over the weekend, but I wanted to see if the papa's tacos were as good as San Marco's. They weren't. Now I know for next time. I also ordered a berry mojito, which was really good, but definitely very sugary. The show after dinner was pretty funny. I've always enjoyed Alton Brown's shows. It was a little quirky at times, but I laughed the entire time.


Saturday I got back into the swing of things working out. I started Turbo Fire up again and got in a great workout (HIIT 15 and tone 30)! Lunch (and breakfast today) was two over-easy eggs with spinach and onions on an english muffin with feta and hot sauce. It is definitely filling. I think I need to start sticking to one egg rather than two, because one egg alone has over 60% of cholesterol for a day. 


Last night, we went to dinner at a place in Barrington, Bluewater Bar, for another indulgent dinner to celebrate Tim's father visiting. We ordered the raw seafood appetizer (shrimp, oysters, and little necks - the oysters were by far the best I've ever had; I could have eaten an entire tray of those!) and I had the sea scallop dinner. I was debating between it and gnocchi (which I always love), but wanted something a little lighter. The scallops came with Israeli couscous, spinach, onions, butternut squash, and a cider reduction. I also had a kinky ginger fizz and coffee to drink and we split dessert - Jack Daniels bread pudding - the best bread pudding I've ever had! The food was so good, but I felt like I needed to work out again when I got home! I even figured I could do my cardo stuff in the hallway so I wasn't over my neighbor's bedroom, but by the time we got home, I was exhausted and went to bed. So, this morning I had to push myself even harder!

This morning brought Fire 45 EZ and Stretch 10 - I was extremely sweaty and exhausted after. I now have an 8 hour work day ahead of me, so I am going to drink my Shakeology as an afternoon snack to help keep my energy up. I wish I could lounge away all day like Cat!


On an unrelated note, I took BuzzFeed's "Which Friends Character Are You?" quiz and got Chandler Bing, which I found amusing since I really don't think people know what I do for work; sometimes I don't even know what I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment