Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Temptations, Temptations Everywhere!

One thing I've found is that I do much better with structure when it comes to my meals. Having a program like the 21 day fix/nutritional challenge really made me evaluate what I am eating and it is something I want to continue thinking about moving forward. But, it definitely takes planning. The biggest downfall of my job is the weird hours. Both yesterday and today I worked 14 hour days, which leaves little time (or patience) to prep, and today it showed. I ran out of food by 3 pm and still had 6 hours to go. But, I tried to make smart choices along the way. Another "perk" that can be detrimental to healthful eating is easy access to snacks for the callers. Last night we ordered pizza for an athletics phonathon and I really wanted a slice, but I did not indulge (plus, I can only imagine how upset my stomach would have been after cutting out fried/oily foods for virtually the past month then eating greasy pizza). Tonight we had chips and crackers and chocolates, but despite my stomach on the verge of growling, I did not eat any. Instead, I made some food when I got home just now and only ate what I needed to consume to keep me from starving and going overboard later.

I also worked out last night at 11:00 pm, after I had written my post, but later went back and edited it. However, I am truly taking tonight off from working out. My body needs time to recover and I am going to take that time tonight to catch up with things I've been falling behind on.

Meals:

  1. Tropical Strawberry Shakeology with mango, dark cherries, and spinach
  2. Blueberry greek yogurt, greek quinoa and a clementine
  3. Vanilla Shakology protein ball, half an english muffin with peanut butter, and an apple
  4. Apple cinnamon oatmeal - this wasn't an ideal meal because it was prepackaged, but it was one of the healthiest options I had available
  5. Carrots
  6. Blueberries with feta and honey, half an english muffin, and cottage cheese, which I didn't eat all of
I also had a Russell Stovers chocolate that was offered on Friday, but I saved until today. It was a lemon creme chocolate, and pretty disappointing. 

Part of the reason I might have been starving all day was because I didn't have large meals, balanced meals, and I didn't even get to eat (drink) my first meal until 11:30 this morning. I had to go over to our Phonathon room to do some damage control from last night and ended up hanging this awesome wall decal I had order from Etsy - some callers had requested a map of the US with the state initials so I got one to hang and it was a 2 hour project!



Water: 85 ounces and counting, plus half a cup of coconut water, which I am obsessed with! I've even thought about subscribing to Amazon's timed delivery so I never run out. 

Workout: None! 

No comments:

Post a Comment