Monday, February 17, 2014

After!


Yesterday concluded my 21 day nutrition challenge. Here is what I've learned so far:
  • I need to eat more vegetables. This is definitely where I fall short and I need to get back in the habit of eating veggies.
  • Not every workout has to be intense or long - I just need to do one a day! Even on days when I did not feel like working out, I still did and most of the time I felt better afterwards. And, even on the two days when I felt like crap, I at least felt better mentally knowing that I made an attempt. 
  • I have a better understanding of the portions I am supposed to eat. This is HUGE for me because I know I have had a problem with portion control. 
  • My cravings for sugar have gone away, which I believe Shakeology is 100% responsible for. That being said, I am not going to cut desserts out. Rather, I will be mindful of what I eat and how much I am eating. I have so much extra Greenberry Shakeology that I've wanted to make a key lime pie with it, so I will make it and bring it to work to share with people so I can enjoy it but not eat an entire pie by myself. 
  • I don't have to eat a ton to be full, I just have to eat RIGHT! 
  • I may not look drastically different, but I feel different and I feel good.

Here are my before and after measurements and pictures:

Before Measurements:
Chest: 36.75 inches
Right Arm: 12.75 inches
Left Arm: 12.75 inches
Waist: 43 inches
Hips: 43.75 inches
Right Thigh: 27.5 inches
Left Thigh: 27.25 inches
Total Inches: 203.75
Weight: 186.8


After Measurements:
Chest: 35 inches
Right Arm: 12 inches
Left Arm: 11.75 inches
Waist: 39 inches
Hips: 42.5 inches
Right Thigh: 26 inches
Left Thigh: 26 inches
Total Inches: 192.25
Weight: 181.8

Total Inches Lost: 10.75
Total Weight Lost: 5 pounds

After

Comparison - Before on left and after on right. I don't think I can really tell a difference except maybe my arms, but I definitely feel better and can fit into pants I haven't worn in months so I know I've changed!

 Comparison - Before on left and after on right. Again, I don't think I can really tell the difference but I can tell my body is getting smaller. One way I know is from my stretch lines not being as stretchy!


While I am somewhat disappointed in the before/after pictures, I am not disappointed in my results or the good habits I've created. I am still going to try to post every day, but I won't always advertise it - only when I have delicious recipes to share (like the coconut protein balls or key lime pie I am going to make) or weekly results. Yes, I am still gong to post a weekly weigh-in and measurements! Anything that will keep me accountable and get to a point where I am healthy again :) Thanks for following along and your words of encouragement!

By the way, here are my meals, water, and workout for today:

Meals:
  1. Vanilla Shakeology with spinach, strawberries, banana, and peanut butter
  2. Lemon lime tempeh with greek quinoa salad
  3. Half an english muffin with peanut butter and banana and greek yogurt with pineapple
  4. Stuffed sol and a baked potato, with parmesan, garlic salt, and sour cream
Water: 70 ounces

Workout: 30 Minute Shred

I went down to Newport this afternoon in search of the ever elusive snowy owl and again came up short. I am beginning to think they do not exist! But, I got in a decent amount of walking. Tomorrow, I have to work from 8:30 - 9:15, so I doubt I will be able to work out. But, if my neighbors lights are on when I get home then I will take it as a green light! 


2 comments:

  1. You look good! I think you should definitely stick on this diet because it is obviously working for you! I can't believe how many inches you've already lost in your waist! That's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie! I am definitely going to keep most of it in place. I have a ways to go to get to the point where I feel completely healthy!

      Delete