Monday, March 3, 2014

Two Weeks is a Long Time!

I am so bad at writing daily blog posts, so I usually go from one extreme to another with the frequency! Two weeks is a long time not to post, but there has been a lot going on (as there always will be). I need to get back into the swing of posting regularly - perhaps every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I still haven't fully decided yet, but I know daily is unrealistic and two weeks is too much of a gap.

So, what have I been up to the past two weeks? I honestly can't remember much of it! Last week we had a consultant visit which kept me busy, but was a great opportunity to improve the Phonathon. I haven't been working out regularly, but started again today (I would go 2-3 days without) and am getting back on track. I planned on getting back into the swing of things Friday since I had the day off, but my heat was off (and had been for two days without me realizing it - this is what happens when I work 13 hour days...), so I did NOTHING except lay under my electric blanket and comforter until it was fixed. It was probably in the low 50s before it was fixed. That evening I had a photography class at RISD and met up with some of the girls from the summer class I took beforehand for dinner. We went to Providence Coal Fire Pizza, which was phenomenal! Between the four of us, we split a hummus appetizer and two pizzas (with half a pizza left over). We ordered the lunch and dinner special pizzas - one had spinach, mushrooms, onions, and panchetta (on half) and the other had a cream base with brussel sprouts, caramelized onions, bacon (on half), and a garlic oil drizzle. I never thought I would crave brussel sprouts, but that pizza was amazing! They were thinly shaved and cooked perfectly! I thought for sure I was going to gain 2-3 pounds, but I've been able to maintain my weight at 180.2 for the past two weeks.

I've also come to the realization that I really need to make time to plan out my meals. It was much easier to eat a balanced diet when I could plan accordingly.

I'm reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and plan on starting my own version which I will incorporate into my blog. It may take some time, but after a long internal struggle (long story), I decided it is worth it for me to continue focusing on improving my health and outlook on life. I won't be 27 much longer, and it will just get harder to create good habits as I age, so what better time than now?!?

I will leave with the following 3 pictures:

There is an olive oil and vinegar place in Providence that sells flavored olive oils and vinegars (I bet you never would've guessed...). We stopped by this weekend since I had a gift card and spent way too much time there! It was like heaven! I really could drink vinegar from the bottle...I ended up getting:
  • Fig balsamic vinegar - for beets and goat cheese
  • Cinnamon pear balsamic vinegar - I haven't decided yet, but for some breakfast pastry
  • Peach white balsamic vinegar - for salads
  • Wild mushroom and sage olive oil - for eggs
  • Butter olive oil (it's vegan and tasted like real butter!)  - for popcorn

I took a wonderful cat nap (with Cat!) at some point over the past few days:

Yes, the only selfies I take are with my cat!
 Look at that cute face :)


No comments:

Post a Comment