Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Popcorn!

Since I bought those olive oils over the weekend, I've been on a huge popcorn kick. I converted to stove-top popcorn a few years ago and never looked back; the microwaveable popcorn contained too many added ingredients that I didn't want to ingest. I've been using the butter olive oil to pop it, but found it would start smoking before the kernels would pop, most of the kernels would only be half popped, and it would burn before it was done.

I decided to try microwaving popcorn in a brown lunch bag last night, and I've found it is SO MUCH EASIER, convenient, and less messy! I added about 1/3 of a cup of kernels to the bag, folded the top over a few times, and popped for less than 2 minutes until the popping slowed down. Once it was done, I tossed it in a little butter olive oil and salt.


I've been getting back into the swing of things over the past few days to get my workouts back on track; I also need to take some time to really plan out meals so I can really be successful moving forward. The past 3 days I've done Turbo Fire (Fire 45, HIIT 20, and HIIT 15) and started eating more veggies. They've always been my downfall and I am determined to get back to eating meals with mostly veggies. I also ordered the 21 Day Fix and can't wait until it arrives! I am looking forward to testing out those workouts and using the containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment