Friday, March 21, 2014

Recommitted

I haven't worked out in almost two weeks. There. I said it. I am not proud; it is actually embarrassing to admit since I am on a quest to get healthy. The past two weeks have been anything but. 

I am convinced I've been battling some sort of cold. It never came to fruition the way I would expect, but my body was achy and I had zero energy. Even today I've found my kidneys seem to hurt a little bit. That, on top of getting moles removed on an empty stomach, stress and anxiety, and depression have made for a rough time. But, things have taken a turn for the better and I will continue to push on. I know it is going to take some time to get back into a routine, but it is necessary if I want to be successful. I will also be starting a weight lifting challenge in April which I am pretty excited about. I know it is going to be hard at first, but I anticipate it being something I will be able to do after phonathons if I am running late in the mornings. 

More than anything, I am looking forward to the exercise helping my back and sleeping patterns! I've noticed my back has started hurting again and I haven't been sleeping well at night because of it. Since going to the chiropractor and regularly working out, I've been able to lay in bed without it really hurting at all. But, the past few days have been really rough when I wake up in the morning. This is just more proof that exercise does the body good (as if I didn't already know that)!

No comments:

Post a Comment