Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I Can't Believe It Is July...

One of the things I am working on this week is a nightly "to do" list to keep me on track and help me remember to post twice a week. I've actually started going to a therapist to help me cope with my stress/anxiety and, even though my first visit was yesterday, I can already tell a difference. I know I can emotionally remove myself from situations because I can't control my tears (seriously, have a passionate conversation with me about health of the food system and I will tear up!), so I am trying to be more present and deliberate in my actions. It will be a journey, like everything, but I am looking forward to it. That being said, making a list will help to reduce my anxiety!

A lot has happened over the last two weeks, some of which I will discuss and some of which I will not. First, let me say, I am SO happy it has been cooling down at night! I can open my windows and let the heat out of my living room, which is always killer in the summer because of the western facing windows. The rest of my apartment seems to get fairly cool from the window ac unit in my bedroom, but the living room NEVER does. Because of it, I never want to do a cardio workout in the evening because I would be miserable. But, I've been sticking to Pump and occasionally throwing in some TurboFire Core on the weekends.

Last week I flew home to spend the 4th of July with my parents, which was a much needed break from the monotony of my life. I was (and still am) so overwhelmed with the love I felt while home! I had friends visit every single day, and some overlap of friends each day! It was a welcome surprise and really made me miss home. For as much as I love New England, it has been REALLY hard meeting people out here since I live in a small town and being around the people I know and love really made me miss home more than ever. So much so, that my poor parents have to end up dealing with me crying before we even leave the house for the airport!

Now that I am back, I am getting back into the groove of things and trying to find things to occupy my weekends, the first of which will be the RI Brew Fest next Saturday!

Also, next Monday I will be starting a 3 Day Refresh with my team, which I am VERY excited about! I've seen some amazing results since they've returned from Summit and can't wait to share my own with you next week!

In the meantime, enjoy these photos!

People are always amazed when I say I have a bird back home and, even though things aren't as easy as they used to be, I know Rudy still loves me! It takes some time for him to warm back up since I've been gone almost 10 years (where does the time go?!?), but I can always hold him without him biting me, which I take as a plus!


 This is the view of the lake my parents camp/ski at during the summer from their camp site. I took it as we were getting ready to walk to the park for fireworks - a 180 from the rainout the night before! While I disliked spending EVERY weekend here growing up (it took me away from my friends and all of the good weekend festivities!), I can't get enough of it now! Essentially, it is our summer home!


After Granville's fireworks (they're amazing!), I couldn't help but wonder what fireworks would look like from a plane. I actually considered booking a flight for the 3rd next year, just so I could see! But, flying into Philadelphia, I saw numerous shows! Some were the standard backyard fireworks, but some were longer, including what is shown in the picture below. I never imagined towns having their fireworks on a Sunday, but some must do and I am very appreciative of them. Also, a huge thanks to Granville for rescheduling their fireworks for the first (and only) time in 50 years! Seriously, it is one of the reasons I wanted to fly home over the holiday since Bristol's were disappointing last year. I will be making a donation to the Granville Foundation in support of the wonderful memories and our tradition!


 What can I say? I am obsessed with clouds. Just like I would like to live in the ocean, I would also like to live in the sky. I am sensing a problem...


 Last but not least, my workout calendar from June. The first two weeks were rough because of traveling to Texas then feeling sick after alumni weekend, but the later half was great! 


What types of stories would you like to see? If you have suggestions, let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment