Sunday, June 22, 2014

2 Week Update

I know, I know. It has been a long time since my last post. I think I need to start allotting 5-10 minutes a day to devote to posting since I can't get into a groove.

As I promised, here is my monthly calendar from May. As you can see, I did not do that well. But, it is still better than I have done in the past:


June also got off to a rocky start between a conference in San Antonio and RWU's Alumni Weekend. I was able to workout one of the days in SA, but not at all until after alumni weekend was over and I was so burnt out from everything that I had no energy the entire following week. A bad sun burn from an hour lunch outside this past Monday put cardio on the back burner. I couldn't even think about wearing a sports bra, so I ended up doing Pump since it is all weights. But, it may have been a blessing in disguise because I have ended up going to bed earlier and waking up earlier, which has challenged me to start lifting in the mornings before work! The sun rises so early that I've been waking up anyways and I think I can put more effort into weight lifting than I can cardio that early in the morning. Friday was my first go at it and it was successful! I've even set an alarm moving forward so I wake up if the sun doesn't get to me first.

In other news, my second mother is visiting me tomorrow AND I get to go home next week (thanks mom and dad!), which will be a much needed getaway.

I will leave you with some more pictures:

Tim and I went to NJ over Memorial Day weekend and stopped by a greenhouse that had pineapple plants! I loved how tiny they were!


The Alamo was only a block from the hotel in San Antonio!


 At some point last week, I busted the bottom of my lamp with my weights. Whoopsies!


 Bristol is getting ready for the 4th! I really can't get over how beautiful this town is, especially this time of year.


 This is why Rhode Islanders do not like driving. Seriously. It took me 45 minutes to get to Trader Joe's this morning. If only they would build a bridge from the East Bay to Warwick...


 I can't get over this view! I just want to sail.


 If you like Indian food and you haven't had this, try it. It is by far one of my favorite frozen meals. Also, if you are well versed in Indian cooking and would like to teach me how to make Tikka Masala (or could share a great recipe), I would love you!


 Finally, Mr. Cat hanging out this afternoon. Yes, I am a crazy cat lady and I don't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment