Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Hardest Part About Going to the Gym is Going to the Gym...

We are all busy people. Work and life get in the way and it is hard to maintain a structured schedule. 

That is why I love working out at home!

I've never really been one to enjoy going to the gym; I've always felt like I would be judged by people who are in better shape than I am. But, as I've grown "wiser," I don't think that is the case. In fact, it is pretty self-centered to even think that! Regardless, I've never enjoyed that atmosphere and it really made the phrase "the hardest part about going to the gym is going to the gym" ring true to me! 

I don't love working out and it always feels like a chore, even when I am doing a program I enjoy, so cutting out the time it takes to get to and from a gym helps motivate me to get it over with. Plus, I am not spending as much time getting stuff together to drive to and from the gym. I frequently hear coworkers talk about how by the time they get home and have dinner on the table, it is 6:30 or 7:00 pm. By that time, I've already worked out, showered, and, in some cases, eaten! It takes zero minutes to get to my living room, so it leaves me with no excuse not to work out when I am home in the evenings! Plus, I can still get a great variety of cardio and strength training in in a very small space and time frame!

Do you feel like the hardest part about going to the gym is going to the gym? If so, what do you do for exercise? If not, do you take classes or workout on your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment