Thursday, July 31, 2014

Three Day Refresh - Results Are In!

I mentioned last time that I was going to do the 3 Day Refresh that just came out. A few different things came up that caused me to push it back, but I completed it two weeks ago and LOVED it! Seriously. It was so easy to follow, I was never hungry, and it really helped curb my cravings for sweets and chips. I really struggle trying to keep my sweet tooth in check sometimes (although Shakeology helps, especially the chocolate!), but I completed this program a week ago and have only had one cupcake in the time since it ended. When all was said and done, I lost 4 pounds and 5 inches and have been able to keep that weight off, and then some, in the two weeks since.

More importantly, I am regaining the confidence I had when I was vegan and at my lowest weight since (probably) high school. I can honestly say that I am genuinely happy and for multiple different reasons.

Another big aspect of my health journey is my willingness to push myself and strive for change. I still constantly struggle with planning meals, balancing meals, and motivating myself to work out and I don't think I will ever be the person to look forward to working out; it will always seem like a chore to me. But, I can see the changes in my physical appearance and more importantly my attitude towards life since I became a coach, especially during the past month. It has kept me motivated to stick with exercising and making sure I eat decently. I've been getting up at 6:30 if I know I won't have time to work out in the evenings and some days I've even worked out twice! There have been many times over the past few months where I thought about quitting coaching because "it cost too much money" but then I realize I am investing in my health. I live a pretty frugal lifestyle (so much so that my father has yelled at me to start spending money) and spending the $4/day is worth it to me to continue drinking Shakeology, sharing my journey, and hopefully motivating others to join me.

Here is my workout calendar for the month of July. As you can see, I focused heavily on Les Mills Pump since most of my workouts were either early in the morning or late at night. However, towards the end I started adding in some T25.


Tuesday I went for a walk with a friend from RWU along the Newport Cliff Walk. It is a beautiful path that is exactly as it sounds - along the cliffs of Newport. There are extravagant houses along the way since it runs behind many of the mansions and some unique buildings like the one below. It was a gorgeous night for a walk with good company.


Not a bad view, at all!


No comments:

Post a Comment