Monday, April 7, 2014

(Post) Weekend Update

It has been somewhat of a hectic week - as usual. Last week was fairly typical and I was able to work out Mon/Tues/Wed, but Thursday I worked a full day and we went to the Pawtucket Red Sox opening game, so I didn't get a workout in. Friday, I had attempted to work out, but was STARVING during it, so I stopped with the intent to finish after I ate. Long story short, I was looking into a deduction in my account due to a tax I wasn't aware of, called my father/the OH Dept of Tax, and by the time the debacle was over, I ran out of time to work out before I had to head to Providence. We were getting massages and the masseuse told me to drink more water and stretch more because I had so many knots in my shoulders; so many that she attempted to work them out and I was sore into Sunday. Because of that, I skipped my workout on Saturday and figured I would do a double on Sunday, but that didn't work out either - I was attempting to update my laptop OS which took FOREVER, so I didn't have enough time to workout and shower before heading into work because of all the time I spent messing around with the update (which I had read was supposed to take 20 minutes...).

Fast forward to this morning - I got a workout in! I've also gone from one extreme (eating few veggies) to the other (tons of veggies!) over the weekend and for this week. I bought: asparagus, brussels sprouts, beets, lettuce, spinach, sweet potatoes, various onions, fennel, zucchini, cauliflower, and cabbage for various different dishes this week and next. I planned on making: orange and beet wild rice salad, chipotle lentil veggie burgers, thai cabbage salad, masala tofu, indian spiced cauliflower, baked onion rings, and something else I can't currently remember. I may have gone a little overboard!

Beet and orange wild rice salad! This has been my dinner the past two nights.


I am obsessed with a chipotle honey sour cream our local fast food mexican place makes, so I bought some chipotles in adobo to make my own and can't get enough! I've been making egg wraps with black beans and red onions with this sauce:

I am hoping to get a workout in tomorrow, but I have a last minute dentist appointment in the morning; I had been scheduled for June but asked for any last minute cancellations so I could get in earlier and they weren't kidding when they said it would be last minute! But, I am glad I don't have to wait as long - it has already been WAY too long since my last appointment.

Final thoughts:
I want a micro pig. There is a pet store in town selling them, so I am going to stop by and pet them like a creeper and I am totally cool with it. I think Cat needs a friend! Awwwwwww:


I also took the Buzzfeed quiz "Where in New England Should You Actually Live" and got...Providence! Shocking...

And, this happened...good thing I can control myself when it comes to ice cream (pictures of the *5* pints will be posted after Wednesday)!

Because I am a crazy cat lady, I have to end with this picture of Cat (and me as a background creeper). Don't you think he needs a friend?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment