Sunday, April 13, 2014

It Doesn't Get Easier, You Get Better

"It doesn't get easier, you get better" was the first thing the instructor said when I turned on the Upper Body Fix this morning; it really struck me. All too often I find myself bored with a program I LOVED just a few days before. I absolutely loved doing Turbo Fire, but now I am not as excited about it as I once was. I am not exactly sure why this happens, but that will probably be a post for another time. Regardless, I am pushing through. I've been doing Les Mills Pump a few times a week and started the 21 Day Fix workouts yesterday. I was so grumpy when I was doing the first workout (the whole body cardio) because I did not like the instructor, but it made me work and I felt it today. While I don't love her instructing style, she has energy and shows how to modify workouts from the start as well as during the workouts which I like. And, like I said, I felt it. While I hate being uncomfortable, perhaps my lack of enthusiasm for programs begins once I "stop feeling it." More than likely, I associate change with pain, and while I don't think this is a delusional mindset, it is one that I need to adjust. My body is still changing as the programs "get easier." But, it's not that they get easier, I get better. This is a mindset I really need to keep with me on my journey.

I am somewhat worried about how this week will work as far as exercise and healthful eating. I will be traveling to Philly/NYC Thursday through Sunday and want to enjoy the trip while still eating relatively healthy and balanced meals. My plan is to make some different muffins and protein bars to take with me as well as a baggie of carrots to eat throughout my time there. I am also going to portion out my Shakeology and just drink it with water every morning.

It's the last week of Phonathon, which means I will have my evenings back after this week! Going back to a regular schedule is going to be difficult, but the sun shining through my windows every morning has helped get me up and make me more alert. Needless to say, sunshine is a welcome change!

No comments:

Post a Comment