Monday, May 12, 2014

Back On Track

It won't come as any surprise that I, yet again, let life get the best of me. I stopped focusing on my nutrition and it shows. While I am still working out fairly regularly, I haven't been eating as healthfully as I should be. I was asked to teach my favorite class at my alma mater two weeks ago and I spent a ton of unnecessary time getting an I-9 notarized - I've NEVER heard of getting one notarized and went to three different notaries in RI before finding a fourth in MA that would do it. Needless to say, it was extremely frustrating and stressful. That class started today, so once I am done getting ahead (I barely had time to get this weeks materials posted), I plan on sitting down and really revamping my 21 day fix meal plans into meals that are full of variety and sustainable. I would also like to play with a vegan diet again, with the exception of when I eat out, which will force me to eat more vegetables again. More than anything, that is the biggest thing I struggle with. 

I bought a dry erase calendar so I could see what days I work out, what exercises I do, and the reasons why I miss days. Last month, I worked out more than half of the days, which was pretty exciting! You can see there was an entire week I missed working out because of vacation and another week that was pretty bad because of work and wonderful taxes (working jobs in two different states sucks). 


This past week my best friend and her boyfriend came out to visit, which was a ton of fun! We went whale watching and saw two types of whales, two types of seals, and dolphins. They were SO active - its was amazing! Check out my videos on Facebook, if you haven't already! There were tons of seagulls around and some of them would land on the whales mouths as they fed; I would like to think if I am ever (or was ever) a bird, I would be ballsy enough to surf on a whale!



We also went for a hike at Mount Hope Farm, which was beautiful! Here is a picture of the Bay looking out towards Mt. Hope bridge. Seriously, I am in love!


Our good friend, Kristie, took a picture of us, which makes me laugh because it totally sums us up. Robby was laid-back waiting for all of us, I was busy taking pictures every five minutes because you can never have enough pictures of the same water with the same bridge in the background, and Katie was looking for shells to take back for the children she babysits for. Needless to say, we couldn't have asked for a better day!


This was only the third time I had been to the farm (outside of the farmers markets) as I would usually go to the park to run. But, the farm is so much closer, so I think I am going to start going there after work once or twice a week to walk/jog. The other nights I will be going to the beach to study for the GRE then working out at home. I've already decided I will need to start taking dinner to work with me to eat at 4 pm so I am not eating at 8:30/9:00 at night. 

Spring, summer, and fall in New England are beautiful enough to make up for the crappy winters. Seriously, I've stopped considering moving south I love it here so much. I am sure I would reconsider at some point, but it is just so amazing here!


No comments:

Post a Comment